There’s a certain beauty in the quote ‘I may be alone, but I’m never lonely’.
Yet I (and many with me) still fear the day that we’re found dead in our house amidst an army of empty pizza boxes ‘only‘ three months after they’ve perished from too much Netflix (and possibly…the flu). Lucky for us lonely catladies in training – there’s the marvelous world of (online) dating. And the tales of it’s horrible inhabitants (read: terrordates!). Follow along as I venture out into the world again – to slay the double standards of assigned promiscuity and find the way to the holy grail of true love again (or: just go down swinging).
- He’s just not that into you.“We’re taught that in life, we should try to look on the bright side, to be optimistic. Not in this case. In this case, look on the dark side. Assume rejection first. Assume you’re the rule, not the exception.” ― Liz Tuccillo, He’s Just NotContinue reading “He’s just not that into you.”
- The ‘Not Enough/Too Much’ issue of love.Breakups are the ideal time for self-reflection and a whole lotta talking. Personal growth – or so they say. I usually just translate it to a lot of ‘self-care’ instead. Which pretty much translates to binging (drinks, fastfood and Netflix) the memories and pain away.Continue reading “The ‘Not Enough/Too Much’ issue of love.”
- I did the math. And boy. Do I suck at math.Yesterday I turned my mattress back the 180 degrees that I’d shifted it at the start of my latest attempt at an ‘us’.Putting it back as it has been in the previous years of sleeping alone and in doing so drawing the line under whatContinue reading “I did the math. And boy. Do I suck at math.”
- Too cute to function!Don’t you love those couples who seem to speak their own language? Full of inside jokes that aren’t funny to anyone, but has them unexpectedly bursting with laughter. Idioms no one gets. Words no one understands. A world of their own? I know. I hateContinue reading “Too cute to function!”
- Reasons to LoveI read a blog today on ‘But, she was fierce’ who found herself in bed with a guy who asked her what she liked about him. Only to find that she couldn’t answer the question. Not easily, or effortlessly or relatively quickly, anyway. It wasContinue reading “Reasons to Love”
- Neighborly Noise ComplaintsDisclaimer: TMI WARNINGS. TMI WARNINGS. T. M. I. Warnings! Remember that neighbor that I’ve surely mentioned in a couple of blogs?You know the one that mysteriously seemed to hate me for no reason other that whatever reasons he probably has that are unbeknownst to me?Continue reading “Neighborly Noise Complaints”
- Project boyfriend – status: acquired.I was subtly notified last night that yesterdays post – accusing my brand-spanking new lover of potentially turning me into a Zoë-shaped ice cube was NOT the best way to introduce my new boyfriend to the blogging world. Apparently abandonment and hypothermia are not tooContinue reading “Project boyfriend – status: acquired.”
- Open up….mind and mouthFor someone that doesn’t like cooking – I feel like I write about food and its preparation a lot on this blog. Strange right? I guess that suits me though – as normal is hardly a term I’d ever say applies to me. ‘Proud toContinue reading “Open up….mind and mouth”
- RipplesShallowBarely hereA ripple in the water.My heart whispers to yoursIts dirty little secretIn words left unspoken. Too clear.Too near.To the core, to the centre,To the goddamn middleOf the soul that resides here. FaintBarely thereA sigh on the windMy hand reaches for yoursScared of a secretThatContinue reading “Ripples”
- No more Cinderella-dating!Woohoo!There’s a (bit of) light at the end of the tunnel!Sort of. I guess. Maybe. A little.Ok, probably not, but for now – still a yay moment:No more Cinderella dating! The Lockdown Curfew here in the Netherlands (no one allowed outside between 21:00 and 04:30)Continue reading “No more Cinderella-dating!”
Welcome to my personal slice of madness on the interwebs. There’s not been many constants in my life – but writing has always been one of them. And how better to display the results of all that practice, than by showing the world exactly what resides in my brain. The only way I know how to: in words.
Haven’t had enough yet?
Click on for the golden oldies!